This cannabis ice cream recipe is lactose free and uses almonds instead.
First step in this cannabis ice cream recipe, is preparing the cannabis infused milk!
- ¼ cup of raw almonds
- 2 cups of water
- Cannabis, ground (dependent upon potency;1 g recommended)
- Blend the almonds and water in a food processor until it resembles milk.
- Strain the milk using a strainer or cheesecloth.
- Add the strained milk to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the ground cannabis and reduce heat; simmer for about an hour. Keep stirring!
Notes: Cannabis milk can be any milk. Including cow, goat, coconut, rice, soy, tempeh, hemp, etc. The higher the fat content, the more effective the THC activation will be, maximizing the medicinal gains for each gram of cannabis.
Next up, ice cream!
- 1 Tablesoon Stevia powder
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- Shredded coconut
- Freeze unpeeled bananas
- Blend the frozen bananas and the cannabis milk. If your milk is potent and you need more liquid, add unmedicated milk until the base reaches desired consistency. Consider the flavorings you’ll be adding; if you’re adding powder, you’ll need a thinner base — for a syrup, a thicker base.
- Blend the base with powder, liquid, and/or syrup additions (cacao powder, maple syrup, nectar, salt, vanilla, etc.).
- Enjoy now, or if ingredients thawed during the process, refreeze.
Enjoy your cannabis ice cream!
Notes: This cannabis ice cream thaws rather quickly, so it can’t be kept at room temperature for long before losing its creamy texture. Also, if you’d like a firmer consistency, transfer into a freezer safe container with lid, and freeze for about two hours to thicken.
Let us know your experience with our cannabis ice cream recipe in the comments!