VICE News reports on the recent government crackdown on marijuana in the Netherlands: the rescheduling of cannabis containing over 15% THC to Schedule 1 (as a hard drug, on par with Heroin), the weed pass, what the implications would be for Amsterdam, Cannabis Liberation Day 2015 and more!
Make sure to also check out the interview we did with the Dutch cannabis legalization VOC-Nederland for more details.
- The Stoned Society Interviews: VOC Nederland on Dutch Cannabis Policy Changes & Events [Video]
- Dutch police fails in combating organized marijuana cultivation
- 35 Dutch mayors have signed a manifest for regulated cannabis cultivation
- New poll shows the Dutch want to follow Uruguay’s example
- Two days in Amsterdam, visiting the best coffeeshops
Dutch Cannabis Policy
Currently, Dutch municipalities can decide that the coffeeshops in their area are not allowed to sell to foreigners, as the so-called “weed pass” is still active in many places.
Cities like Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Utrecht still allow the sale of cannabis to foreigners, however, it is not completely legal. Coffeeshops are tolerated, but the production and distribution still happens in the illegal circuit.
While the weed pass policy is decided by each municipality, this interactive map gives a quick indication of where you can and cannot get your legal dutch green without the Dutch nationality or proof you are living in The Netherlands.