After years of struggling with Minister Ivo Opstelten and State Secretary Fred Teeven of Security and Justice Teeven (both VVD, Liberal Party) blocking all progress whatsoever in the Netherlands and responsible for the weedpass and recent growshop law debacle, both ironically resigned yesterday over a 2 million euro deal with hash baron Cees H.
- Dutch Government Officials Resign Over Deal with Hash Baron
- War Rhetoric Surrounds New Dutch Growshop Law
- Netherlands: Lib-Dems Introduce Cannabis Regulation Initiative
- Netherlands votes for growshop law, supplying growers now punishable by jail sentences up to 3 years
- These 41 Amsterdam coffeeshops are threatened with closure
- The Stoned Society Interviews: VOC Nederland on Dutch Cannabis Policy Changes & Events [Video]
In the past, Opstelten made clear he did not want to have the legacy of cannabis legalization in the Netherlands, instead he cracked down on cannabis, coffeeshops and the dutch tolerance policy.
So what do we have to thank him for? Street dealers, back on the streets in the Netherlands.
In a two-part series, included above is the first video from Cannabis News Network with an undercover report: street dealers showing the failure of Dutch drug policy.